Wednesday, January 12, 2011

That movie was so good I don't have to read the book


Sorry, I know that this is my second post today, but I'm a little upset and just thought I'd get it out there. Y'know? I'm at SL's place right now, and I was just finishing up my resume to apply for the previously aforementioned job. And, I dunno, I was so excited that I told them what I was up to. Anyway, instead of being interested, or offering congratulations, S wrinkled her brow and pursed her lips and asked if I had had any experience with this kind of work. I guess I didn't explain very well that it was university student stuff, but even then, I was frustrated. She didn't say anything positive at all. Before I came to Victoria, I was out in the bush all the time, and actually had a very different life. Maybe she just doesn't realize that? And...anyway. Whatever. Shouldn't really be complaining about it on so public a forum, anyway.


But the story that I really wanted to tell was that I was locked in my landlady's bathroom for a good 20 minutes today. Which was weirdly similar to my little stint in the shed at work. Hmmmm...


Going to see the Bicycle Thief tonight with SS and FM. Should be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment