Monday, February 7, 2011

Oh, but what really happens when we draw those lines in the sand? What if the lines spelled out "You're hurting me"?


Happy Birthday, SC! In celebration of your special day, I'm posting one of my favourite pictures. I hope the cake is amazing and that turning twenty years of age is just as much, if not more, than it's cracked up to be.


So I'm sitting in front of the computer with a bowl of banana-yogurt-granola goodness and an extremely cold nose. I have an 800-word book report to write tonight on a book that I haven't yet finished. Good times. Today I was in a computer lab for Canadian History participating in a special "this is how you use the library system, and I'll tell you exactly how to research your topic but what I'm saying won't actually make much of an impact because most of you are on Facebook right now" workshop. And the lady giving the presentation asked the girl sitting next to me, just as a joke, if she would call her mom when trying to pick out a research avenue. And the girl responded that her mom was actually an archival librarian, so yes, as a matter of fact, she would. Talk about luck of the draw.


I stupidly left my computer cord at SL's house last night and headed over to retrieve it after class. When I walked into the house, WS and MS were inhaling plates of delicious-smelling greasy food. And when I commented that it was lucky that both of them were done classes so early, they shot each other uneasy glances and W blurted out that they actually hadn't attended classes today, ahem. They both looked so sheepish that it was hard not to laugh.


Man, I've felt like crying all day for no particular reason, and my shoulders keep hunching up of their own accord. Hopefully it's just hormones and this black mood sorts itself out. I think it may be a good idea to lay low for the next week; school, work, sleeping at my own house. That should do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment