Saturday, February 26, 2011

But I'm stumped as to how to go about it



I had a lot of cool stories to tell about the day's racing, but now I'm kind of antsy and don't feel up to it. I ran the four-dog heat today and finished a solid eleventh out of nineteen teams. Someday, I swear to God, I'll have a competitive dog team and won't have to rely on the kindness of other mushers. At the end of the ten dog heat, a wind picked up and snow started to fall. I was out on the lake guiding a tour sled with a couple of French girls and by the time we turned back, the trail had completely blown in. I laughed about it at the time, but I honestly had no idea where we were. It was a good thing that the dogs were able to guide us back. About the same time, a musher from Hinton got so lost we sent out a group of snowmachiners to guide her back. My brother promptly got lost in the storm and ended up on the other side of the lake, twice. Eventually, everything worked out and we headed off to eat lasagna. We'll do it again tomorrow.

I felt awful tonight, but don't feel comfortable writing about it on the Internet. This feels like too public a place, even though I'm pretty sure no one reads these.

No comments:

Post a Comment