Wednesday, February 16, 2011

It's gotta get bad before it gets good, I want it good now, but it's gotta get bad before it gets good


Drinking cherry cola out of an old-fashioned glass bottle right now and enjoying the taste of childhood. Looks like Reading Break will be comprised of work and reading and hopefully some adventures, though everyone seems to be heading home or to the You Ess of Eh. 


Went to see The King's Speech last night with WS, and it was fabulous. Really wonderful acting. Unfortunately, we caught the late showing and had to power out of the theatre as soon as the movie ended in order to catch the last bus home, forcing me to ditch the popcorn bag under some guy's car halfway across the parking lot. But we made the bus, so it was all good.

Here are the Things On My Desk Right Now: a telephone that has never worked, various dishes, three binders and my notepad and pen, a couple of metal trays for organizing assignments (ha ha), Conrad's Heart of Darkness, Thoreau's collected journals, a book by M.C. Beaton, The Best of Tchaikovsky, another random CD, my purse, cherry cola, and sunshine. How boring. Someone told me once that you could judge how someone lives their life by studying their desktop debris. I hope not. 

No comments:

Post a Comment