Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Ohhh, baby, whatcha gonna do with them flagella?


Running, running, running, dogs, dogs, dogs. Drove to Fort Fraser today and took out two four-dog teams on super fast trails. The yearling I had up front was a big, rangy looking hound who fairly bounded along, until he decided that it was time to take a break. It is much harder to get 60 pounds of muscle to listen to you when you don't feed it on a regular basis.

I also saw JD and AD for the first time in aaages. Which was nice, but also not so much, as both of them are having health issues and finding it harder to do the same kind of stuff that they used to. I'm so used to thinking of my mushing family as being invincible, that it's a shock to realize that they have that same human foibles as the rest of us. So, yeah. Even though the day was great, I'm feeling a little down. I don't want to do dishes. I don't want to talk to my mom about my school marks. I don't want to see anyone from the high school crowd. I don't want to cook. I don't even particularly want to write. So maybe I'll leave it here and go wash my hands. I smell like husky.

I also miss being alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment