Friday, December 10, 2010

Chipmunks should never sing christmas carols

So what are we up to today?
Honestly, I just finished writing an exam that did not go so well, and am now curled under the covers eating popcorn spiced with garlic and roasted red pepper and reading a book that features pigeons who carry spirits of the dead on their backs. I think that fantasy novels should never be reserved for people of a specific age. If you want to read Harry Potter and are a 42-year old banking executive or millwright, I think you should go for it. You've earned it. And let's face it; Harry has some damn good adventures.

Today has been a quiet day. My bunny is curled in the crook of my arm, nose twitching once in awhile and keeping a sharp eye out for any cats that may come sniffing around. One of the four cats that live here scared the bejeezes out of her yesterday by swatting at her under the door and very nearly shaving some of those whiskers off. She ran under the desk and began thumping her back foot on the hardwood floor, like rabbits do to warn other bunnies who may happen to be in the vicinity of a possible danger. The rabbit is a plump black little creature, about 4.5-5lbs, with a white nose and a streak of white on her forehead. I captured her off the campus grounds with a butterfly net. She does not have a name.

I have a night of studying ahead, which makes me sad. A friend of mine seems to have snapped out of the funk she's been in for the past month or so and got in touch today. She sounds like her old self, which makes me very happy. There is one Certain Other Person whom I have no idea where I stand with. Should I talk to him? I think I'll give it a week. Exams will be nearly over and I won't be so distracted. But it still sucks.
 
There is going to be a big get-together downtown tonight, and a lot of people that I love are going. I will, however, stay here and immerse myself in the wonders of the cell membrane and listen to Kanye West and some Tchaikovsky. And eat trail mix.

The bunny just vigorously butted my computer with her head and is chewing a hole in my jeans. I'm fairly certain that's rabbit talk for, "I'd appreciate some sunflower seeds, please. Now."


Tomorrow will be a better day, I think.



No comments:

Post a Comment