Monday, December 20, 2010

Just because you love the mountains doesn't mean that the mountains love you

Hey again, Internet. So, this is what I have been doing with myself since I've come home; fighting with squirrely dogs and eating a lot. This picture is from a couple of seasons ago, which is why I look like a complete dork. But the race was awesome.

It is pretty different, being here. I like it, and also, I don't. Stocked refrigerators are great. The same goes for snow, home-cooked meals, and snowmobiles. Lack of public transit and your parents being super stressed about the Christmas season isn't so hot. But that's alright. Because the WEATHER more than makes up for it! It's cold, properly cold! And snowing!

I headed down the Antimony road with CH and a bunch of misbehaving mutts yesterday, and it was fabulous. The dogs chased a fox off into the bush, got into several fights, and caused a couple of horrific tangles. But the trail was fast, the team was speedy and the sun was out. Hoping to head up to Fort Fraser tomorrow and do it again.

Oh, yes. Talked to the Certain Other Person awhile back. Everything's cool, which is pretty nice. Going to go make huckleberry flan now, and ignore my mom telling me to print documents off of the computer for her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment