Thursday, December 16, 2010

I miss my best friend, cheap cigars, stupid kids and movie stars


Not really. But the song lyrics are catchy.

Ugh. Feeling achy and tired. And I wish I could say that it was because I was up late studying and, um, also got a lot of exercise or something, but sadly this is not the case. I was feeling so low after the exam that I struck out for SL's place with a sandwich and some dark beer. And later smashed a teapot. But I got them a new one anyway.


So I have been wondering; what happens when you are in the middle of doing something and you know that it's a bad idea. Like, an unequivocally bad idea, and you know it, and you know that a) either you'll pay for it later, or b) you'll feel terrible about it. But you keep on doing it anyway. What makes a person act like that? "Hmmm, this is an activity that will either hurt me or a loved one, for sure. Has a certain dangerous element involved as well. I'll go for it!" And it works in the other direction, too. The apathetic, procrastination extraordinaire direction. 


That was a little deeper than I had intended. But it's worrisome. And I do this all the time. And it gets me into huge amounts of trouble and bad situations. 


Argargargargargh.


Precalc exam Friday evening. Math is stupid.

No comments:

Post a Comment