Tuesday, December 14, 2010

And the air poured into her lungs like soup



30 some pages of textbook notes later, and this cell biology stuff still does not make any sense. Hmpf. Oh, well. Everything is over on Friday, and then I can spend two full weeks in the northern interior of the province, sleeping and hiding from questions about school and curling up in front of the woodstove. And let's not forget being able to step outside without immediately being soaked. At this point, I'm pretty sure my skin is comprised more of mildew than epithelial cells.There are definite advantages to this climate, though; you can keep running all year round, snow tires are more of a luxury than a necessity, and a massive arsenal of cold weather gear never threatens to engulf your foyer. Mind you, everything is damp. And that's a major downfall.


Did some Christmas shopping yesterday and bought SL, MS, WS and TB an awsome teapot. The lid to the teapot they currently use is missing, and they have gotten by with using the top of an old juice can. I have gotten sick of burning my fingers on the hot metal each time I make tea, and therefore decided that it would probably be more practical to get a "house gift" anyway. I stuffed a stocking for SS and ER, including some deee-lishious smelling Creme Brulee coffee. It's enough to make me want to turn to caffeine. And with some milk and a little sugar: mm-mmm. Still have to pick up some beer for CT, though. This whole Christmas thing can be rough on a student budget. But I love it.


Oh, yes. Before I forget, the awsome picture comic strip at the top of the page is from, of course, A Softer World. If you have not heard of or seen this website, check it out. Like, now. They are fabulous. Here, I'll even give you the website address: www.asofterworld.com. There, now you have no excuse. Do It.


Just dropped an entire box of thumbtacks on the floor. Oh dear.

No comments:

Post a Comment