Thursday, December 23, 2010

I'll probably have to leave those windows open, after all


Merry nearly-Christmas, everyone! The Internet has finally been restored to full service at our house, and I am actually typing this on my laptop. Very cool.

The day has been quiet here. I cleaned the house some, ate a lot, took a nap, played with my dog, and generally took advantage of the free time allotted to university students at Christmas. Which is nice, but I feel so restless. And also kind of bad for my mom. Here's what happened: I was baking cookies last night and dropped some butter on the floor. Because the floor sealer on the tiles in our house didn't work, the butter left a stain, which my mom mentioned this morning. She also said something about having to use floor stripper on the tile because the stain wouldn't come out otherwise. Now, I know what a nightmare it's been for my parents, having a floor that stains with every bread crumb and drop of water. But instead of just saying sorry, I was a bitchy, hormonal nightmare. I glared and grouched and didn't apologize. And now I feel bad. Urgh.

Family is great. But more and more, I think it is preferable in small doses.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment