Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Save the nightime for your weeping

Exactly half an hour to the last exam of second year, and I'm hyperventilating. My hands are shaking. And the prof wants us to use mechanical pencils, to which I say, no, Dr. Baillargeon, I will not. Those things have all the discomfort of a pen with the additional bad habit of running out of lead at inopportune times. You can deal with real lead and like it.

Just finished reading The Woman Who Walked Into Doors, and sweet Jesus, that's a disturbing book. But at the same time, it's one of the few pieces of writing that makes you experience the emotion he's describing. I felt elated, desperate, and anxious by degrees. You can see why she loves her husband, even after he begins to beat her daily; you can feel it, a dull ache just below your breastbone. Powerful stuff.

My senses all seem heightened right now, I'm so nervous. The air is thicker, people move differently, the coffee I'm drinking is extra sharp. Bizarre. That is probably why I don't test well.

See you tomorrow, Sarah C.!

No comments:

Post a Comment