Tuesday, March 15, 2011

I can't keep partyin' round with all these villains




Well, it's been a long time. I am, indeed, back in the midst of coastal weather and small cars. Just trying to mark some papers, but I'm not actually trying very hard. There is a small amount of bad news and good news. Bad news first: My dog is not doing well at all. The tumor on his neck has finally began to affect his breathing, and he may have a short amount of time left with us. I get antsy every time I answer the phone. And for the good news: I GOT THE JOB IN THE YUKON! Awwww, yeah.


I know these posts have been somewhat dog-centric lately, but its the middle of race season, and there are a lot of good stories coming off the trail. For example, in the 1000-mile Iditarod race in Alaska, past champion Mitch Seavey severed a good chunk of his index finger with a poorly folding knife and still wanted to keep competing; the race committee finally had to withdraw him from the event. And a close friend of mine was recently charged by a moose and escaped by shaking his sled at her and yelling. Startled, the moose veered past him, then turned and chased his team for half a mile. Intense.

No comments:

Post a Comment