Sunday, March 20, 2011

And we'll do anything when the time's right

Wow, do I ever need to clean my room.

I'm in a state of homework panic tonight, but it's 150% my own fault. Instead of coming straight home and beginning my essay (25% of my English grade, by the way), I went to the Gorge Point Pub with a friend. The food was delicious and she told some hilarious stories about her time in Africa, but I felt too sick to enjoy it and we had to leave early. Which sucks, because her cat just passed away and I think she's having a bit of a rough time. That may sound strange, but for so many of the people I work with, these animals are their surrogate partners. It makes them compassionate, dedicated technicians, but tends to detract from their, shall we say, sense of reality. Human relationships, family, friends, and otherwise, can be difficult, but in the long run they are well worth working towards. And there are my words of wisdom for the night.

Ok, Joseph Conrad. Let's do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment