Thursday, March 17, 2011

Actually, it's silver

Happy St. Patty's Day, everyone. Right now I'm busy being super lame by eating oysters with disgusting plain crackers my mom sent me ages ago and curling up next to the heater in this extremely cold house. No green beer for me, as I don't have any money due to a bank screw-up and a ton of assignments looming on the horizon. But life is actually pretty good at the moment.

Over a super-nice dinner of prawn curry last night, my date and I were discussing the weirdest things we had ever eaten, and his answer was 'a fig'. Which I thought was not very creative, until he explained that the crunch you get from a fig is actually the cremated bodies of very specialized flies. The females of this insect species crawl into a fig to lay their eggs, die, and have their bodies consumed by the fig fruit as it grows. How
bizarre.

I miss Butch more than I thought I would. My dreams all involve large black giant shepherd dogs, who for some strange reason are wearing monocles.

No comments:

Post a Comment