Saturday, May 28, 2011

To the top of the world!






The air is filled with smoke right now. My brother and his friend, having decided to burn the debris piles scattered around the property, have turned the sky outside completely white. My mother the environmentally conscious woman is berating them wholeheartedly. Hahahaha.




There was a thunderstorm today that cleared the air and gave everything the most delicate scent. I can smell so much more here in the interior, I swear. Coastal weather just doesn't seem to have the same bite to it, although I know that Some People would disagree. But they have never traveled here, so they can't properly compare the two.




Had tea with my Grandma today, and collected addresses, and drove around town, and bought rosemary and milk and mailed a birthday card. Almost packed for the northland, man, but it's a slow process. Still, I'm glad I started last week and therefore have the majority of things I'll need tucked safely away. I'm so excited! And, in the same second, I'm scared out of my wits! Ah! Huh!




Want a blog to follow? Try http://nakusiak.blogspot.com. A woman from Vancouver was here a couple of years ago participating in a Whitebark Pine study, and she's on a sailing expedition right now. She is also kind and intelligent and funny and a good writer and super adventurous and all that good stuff. So check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment