Thursday, May 19, 2011

I guess responsibility is easier on the hands than dishwater



Man, I love his smile.


Today was on out-of-doors, gettin' your hands dirty sort of day. And they need to happen more often. Ate lunch (pea&rice&chicken soup) on the scaffolding, under the bright glare of a cloudless sunny day and read comic books. I feel University education slipping away from me already.


When I was dropping off Judo at her dogyard, the couple who own the property (there are several kennels-3, I think-on the same acerage) invited me in for tea. The tea was sugary and conversation hilarious. There were anecdotes like this:


"Dear, where did you put the eggs?"

"Somewhere, sweetheart."

"Oh. Well, that's helpful."

"I washed them, though."


and:


"Dear, when are you going to cook me some moose nose...like you've been promising to do for 44 YEARS?"


They are both in their late 60's, or thereabouts, and the perfect surrogate grandparents.


Take care of yourself. Take some time off. But not too much, lest it becomes a burden rather than a vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment