Saturday, October 29, 2011

Oh, play that thing


Listening to Louis Armstrong and fast-forwarding songs to reach those places where he hits long, pure, lingering notes. Good stuff. I'm feeling antsy/lazy at the same time today; kind of a strange emotional mix. F and C are occupied watching A Knight's Tale, or something like that. Dr. Cook would politely rail against the historical inaccuracy present in the film; Dr. Eidinger would not-so-politely rant about the subjugation and stereotyping of medieval-era women, and probably connect it to her Jewish heritage, or something. Myself, I think there has to be an eventual recognition that an academic tendency to break everything down into smaller portions detracts from a bigger picture that's somewhat slipperier, and harder to define. But hey, there are no letters after my name (yet).


Disappointed by the lack of costumes last night, a lone duct-tape knight that went around tackling people and beating them with rolls of paper towel was not exactly what was expected.


Tonight, I think Mexican food and frequenting a few quiet pubs with the other two apartment occupants is on the agenda. I won't lie, it'll be nice to not spend so much time tiptoeing around in a few days from now. Man, do I ever wish I was working next semester.

Motto for the Day/Life: Be Nicer to People. 

No comments:

Post a Comment